Monday, September 30, 2013

So, I Made the Orchestra...


I'm very excited to announce that I made the orchestra! You can see my name on their orchestra roster page. My first rehearsal is November 3rd- which means I'll have to devote more time to practicing and less time to writing and editing during concert season, but that's a choice I'm willing to make. I'll still try to get in what I can. Having two careers, I have to juggle between them. I'm always thinking about how much to devote to each one to keep them both going. My writing is off to a great start this coming year with five upcoming releases, so I can lay back a bit and work on my flute career.

My first concert will be their Holiday Pops concert on November 30th:

The program will include:
Anderson Sleigh Ride
Tchaikovsky Nutcracker selections
Vivaldi Bassoon concerto or Corelli Christmas concerto
Handel Messiah selections
Brazilian Sleigh Bells
Bartok - Romanian Christmas Songs (arr. Latham)
Adams - Lollapalooza
Berlin White Christmas
 
I've played a lot of these songs before. Although there are some difficult flute solos in the Nutcracker, some of them, like Handel's Messiah, don't have flute at all, so it should be a pretty easy first concert. 
 
Thank you to everyone who supported me through this process! 
 

6 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Woot! That's so great, Aubrie! Congratulations!!

Angie said...

Congrats, Aubrie!

Tammy Theriault said...

YAY!!!

Nicole Zoltack said...

That's wonderful!

Beth Caudill said...

Congrats Aubrie. Best of luck. Looks like a great selection of holiday music.

Christine Rains said...

Awesome news! Congratulations! :)