Monday, September 30, 2013

So, I Made the Orchestra...


I'm very excited to announce that I made the orchestra! You can see my name on their orchestra roster page. My first rehearsal is November 3rd- which means I'll have to devote more time to practicing and less time to writing and editing during concert season, but that's a choice I'm willing to make. I'll still try to get in what I can. Having two careers, I have to juggle between them. I'm always thinking about how much to devote to each one to keep them both going. My writing is off to a great start this coming year with five upcoming releases, so I can lay back a bit and work on my flute career.

My first concert will be their Holiday Pops concert on November 30th:

The program will include:
Anderson Sleigh Ride
Tchaikovsky Nutcracker selections
Vivaldi Bassoon concerto or Corelli Christmas concerto
Handel Messiah selections
Brazilian Sleigh Bells
Bartok - Romanian Christmas Songs (arr. Latham)
Adams - Lollapalooza
Berlin White Christmas
 
I've played a lot of these songs before. Although there are some difficult flute solos in the Nutcracker, some of them, like Handel's Messiah, don't have flute at all, so it should be a pretty easy first concert. 
 
Thank you to everyone who supported me through this process! 
 

5 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Woot! That's so great, Aubrie! Congratulations!!

Angie said...

Congrats, Aubrie!

Tammy Theriault said...

YAY!!!

Beth Caudill said...

Congrats Aubrie. Best of luck. Looks like a great selection of holiday music.

Christine Rains said...

Awesome news! Congratulations! :)