Sunday, January 8, 2012

Movie Review: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol



A Well Crafted Thriller

From IMDB:
The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name.

My thoughts:

This movie blew me out of the movie theater! I knew it had gotten high reviews, but I had no idea how fantastically planned the plot was, or how it would make me close my eyes at one point because it was just too suspenseful to watch. The only other movie that I've had to actually cover my face was 127 hours, when he has to saw his own arm off. -Couldn't watch it.

Beware if you have vertigo, because there are scenes that will induce a physical reaction. I felt like I was falling off the side of the building along with Tom Cruise.

Each scene is drawn out for maximum suspense. When you think it's over, there's always one more challenge that makes the last one seem like a piece of cake. The plot is just as twisty as some of the streets Tom Cruise has to navigate. The stakes couldn't be higher. My hands sweat and my adrenaline rushed through the whole movie. The dialog is witty and laugh out loud funny at times, and very serious at other times. Everyone has a secret, and it's not until the end when they all come out.

A pleasant surprise was Josh Holloway, or better known as Sawyer from LOST. Although he has a small part, he plays it well. It was nice to see him on the big screen!



From a writer's perspective, this movie taught me how to prolong each scene to create suspense, how to say something in dialog by alluding to something else, and how to tie in all threads to create the ultimate plot.

Bravo!
5 stars

1 comment:

Christine Rains said...

Now I might have to see the film for Sawyer alone. Hehehe!