Sunday, June 20, 2010
Happy Father's Day
Credit for image.
My dad met my mom in college and they got married after they graduated, bought a house, and had four kids. He worked as a Manager in a manufacturing company until he was laid off, and then as a dispatcher for a trucking company for many years before going into sales. Now he's the happiest I've ever seen him working in the garden center at Home Depot.
I'd like to thank my dad for:
1. Taking me to all my flute lessons and sitting through my boring orchestra concerts!
2. Reading my first fantasy novel and letting me know that guy characters would be a good thing to add.
3. Working all of those overtime hours to make sure me and my sister had enough My Little Ponies at Christmas.
4. Teaching me to say thank you and be kind to others.
5. Helping me put events in my life in perspective. (He majored in business and philosophy.)
6. For teaching me a great work ethic.
What would you like to thank your dad for?