Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Medusa's Lament in Niteblade September 2009 Issue Available now!



The September 2009 Issue of Niteblade Magazine is available now! On page 77 (yes, I've already memorized the page number-I'm a dork) is my story, Medusa's Lament, complete with a hand drawing of one of the scenes. You can buy it here.

Here's the blurb for the story:

Medusa's Lament is a fantasy short story about the sense of isolation and inner turmoil facing a cursed woman. When a warrior comes to slay her for a prize, she embraces his triumph and welcomes an end to her suffering. But the warrior is consumed with curiosity and, at the last moment of the fight, takes off his blindfold to look in her eyes. The irony is that he becomes her greatest prize.

In other news, I haven't heard back from the casting agency for the commercial yet. (O woe is me) I didn't even really want it at first, and now that I've invested my time, energy and emotion, I want a call now more than ever. I keep looking at my phone like it has some magical gate to happiness. I should just let it rest. They may not even call me at all.

I'm starting my teaching at PSU on Friday, which will keep my mind off of things. But, until then, I'm working on a short story for the Pill Hill Anthology called, "Shadows and Light, Tales of Lost Kindgoms." This idea is really neat and just right for my writing. My story's titled, "Shadow Prince."

What's new in September for you?

2 comments:

Angie said...

Isn't great to have something in print? I loved the story.

September is my favorite month. My husband, my daughter, and I all celebrate our birthdays within four days of each other, and the weather is always so nice. My women's choir starts up again, too. Of course, it's also soccer season, which is insane, but I still love it.

Aubrie said...

Wow, four birthdays = lots of presents and cake!

So you are a musician as well! Singing in choir can be so rewarding.

Thank you for reading my story!