Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Medusa's Lament to be published in September Issue of Niteblade




I am so excited to report that my short story, Medusa's Lament will be published in Nightblade for their September edition online! I need to thank my two critique partners, Christine Rains and Cherie Reich for their suggestions and continued support! I couldn't have done it without you!

Here is the link.

Blurb:

Medusa's Lament is a fantasy short story about the sense of isolation and inner turmoil facing a cursed woman. When a warrior comes to slay her for a prize, she embraces his triumph and welcomes an end to her suffering. But the warrior is consumed with curiosity and, at the last moment of the fight, takes off his blindfold to look in her eyes. The irony is that he becomes her greatest prize.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah! That's great news. Way to go!

Cherie Reich said...

Congratulations! It was a great story! I really enjoyed it when you let me read it, and you know I'm happy to help with any story you have in the future.

Aubrie said...

That's good because I'm going to need a lot of help! Thanks Cherie!

And thank you Angie: I can't wait to submit to Mindflights. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the story now...

Alicia Evans said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot WAIT to read that. I'm not a huge fantasy fan--but that really got my attention. You may make me a lover of fantasy after all!!

Congratulations!!!!

Sandy Hyatt-James said...

Hello, Aubrie

What wonderful news! Clearly, you're a talented person and this is being recognised. The story sounds great and I can't wait to read it.

Sandy Hyatt-James

Angie said...

Hi again, Aubrie. I just awarded you a One Lovely Blog award over at Notes From the Writing Chair. :)