Saturday, March 8, 2014

NH Philharmonic Concert Tomorrow!

I am so excited for my NH Philharmonic concert tomorrow! That's me in the middle of the orchestra in the flute section. The flutes sit in the front row in a band and a wind ensemble, but in the orchestra, the strings are in the front. (Which is fine with me! It means I don't have to wear fancy shoes. I'm going for comfort. Hehe)

We are doing a great program:

The concert is called Drawn to the Music because it features artwork from elementary school kids. Their drawings will be featured on a big screen behind the orchestra while we play.

Can you imagine what that would be like if you were a kid and you drew something and there it was in concert behind a whole orchestra! I think they'll be pretty excited.

We also have a wonderful soloist who's coming up from Boston to sing The Songs of a Wayfarer by Mahler- which uses a lot of the same thematic material as his first symphony. It's gorgeous. Two student soloists are playing the Brahms double concerto for violin and cello as well. It should be a lot of fun!



1 comment:

Beth Caudill said...

Good luck today. Have a great time.