Sunday, April 28, 2013

Concert Today!

Yes, from time to time I actually play in an orchestra like my main character in Playing the Maestro. It's one of my favorite things to do and something I've done all my life. I started in the local school youth orchestra in junior high school, then moved up to the Boston Youth Orchestras in high school. In college I played in the UNH Symphony, and since then I've been freelancing- jumping from symphony to symphony. Alas, I don't have a symphony home of my own right now- I'm on all the sub lists, but I keep hoping for the day. I practice everyday to keep up my playing skills just in case someone calls.

 The concert last night went so well! I was nervous through the first few pieces just because I haven't performed in awhile (my last concert was last October- it's on You Tube if you want to see it), and that first performance after some time off is always a little shaky. I'm hoping today I feel more at ease.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Enjoy! I have a concert tonight too. :)

Amy Jarecki said...

That's so cool! Enjoy!