Thursday, November 15, 2012
1. As you can see from my word count notebook, my total word count for October was 24,347k. Not very good. I had a faculty flute recital, which took a lot of preparation time, and this is the longest stretch for teachers from September to November without a break. So, I'm hoping to use my first break next week for Thanksgiving as writing time to catch up.
2. Colonization is getting fantastic reviews! Out of 21 ratings on Goodreads, it has an average of 4.43 out of 5! So many people talk about how they were reluctant to read it because it was sci fi, then how this book changed their mind about the genre, making them a fan! Sci fi deters people because they think it's going to be overly complicated and choked full of science terms, but my writing isn't like that. I have just enough science to add to the plot, but I never get too technical to bog it down. Sales are okay, but I'd love for it to take off, so if you could get the word out for me and give it a try yourself, that would be fantastic!
Click here for Inkspell's special 30% off discount
Click Here to buy it on Amazon
Click Here to buy it on Barnes and Noble
3. I'm currently trying to finish my fantasy romance Minstrel's Serenade, due to my agent in Jan. Epic fantasy takes so much longer to write because of the flowery prose and heavy word building. This book has taken way longer than I thought it would, but it's coming out beautifully.
4. I'm so excited about my new contract with Spencer Hill Press for my YA book, Frozen, which will release summer of 2014. I spoke with my editor, who has edited a lot of this other very famous author's work, and I'm anxious to see what he has to say. I'm still waiting on edits from Entangled Publishing for My Maestro, coming out in Feb, and edits from Inkspell Publishing for Reconnaissance, coming out in May.
5. I'm gearing up for my book signing Dec 7-9 at the Castleberry craft fair! I took inventory, and I have over a hundred books! My greatest fear is that I won't sell any, but I will have a list to join my mailing list and receive a free ebook, so hopefully, it will get me more subscribers at least.
So that's it! No submissions currently out. Waiting on two edits, and finishing up a manuscript that has sat on the back burner all year. Please help to get the word out about Colonization, and I'll keep you updated on all the latest news here!