Saturday, September 22, 2012
This is actually a real picture of my messy desk! And yes, that's Jack Sparrow running around between my notebooks. Some post-its are quotes from great writers, others are reminders of who to email and thank in my acknowledgments, and others are plot points I'm afraid I'll forget about. One notebook is every single chapter of my Minstrel's Serenade manuscript along with the POV to make sure I rotate it back and forth equally, and another notebook is a list of the blogs I have scheduled on this blog. The notebook to the right is my word count notebook where I keep tabs everyday.
Here's my news:
1. Word count so far this month: 17,773. Not bad, but if I want to make my goal of 30k, I have to get moving!
2. Haven 6 is now available IN PRINT at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Get your copy today!!!
3. Book signing: I sent in a form to sign books at the Castleberry Craft Fair in Salem, NH on Dec 7,8,and 9th. The show is 90 percent full already, so I hope I get in! I'll have all three New Dawn books, plus my YA Colonization book to sign. It's going to be awesome!
4. My Maestro is going through first round edits at Entangled Publishing and I can't wait to see what my fantastic editor thinks.
5. Love on Loch Ness is halfway done. It's due to my agent in November. I'm also trying to finish Minstrel's Serenade around then, too.
What's going on for you on the writing front?