Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Interview with my critique partner Cher Green



My critique partner, Cher Green, has a new release out this month! I'm very excited because I was a critique partner for this story, and I had the honor of watching it develop. To celebrate, I have her as a guest today to answer some questions about herself and her new release!!!!


1. How does the cover reflect the mood/setting of Seduced By Darkness?

The artist did a wonderful job with the cover. The setting of the surrounding forest reflects Geneva's home location, a cave set deep in the woods of (fictional) New Haven, Memphis. The stormy sky and Geneva's sorrowful look reflect her inner conflict of betraying her family for love.

2. Tell us about the main character: is she at all like you, or totally the opposite?


Geneva is very sexy, spunky, and determined. She's also lonely and confused by her own longings. We share a few traits, or at least at some point. I'm determined to be who I want to be and not what others expect. I've also felt the loneliness and confusion in the past. In my world, I believe love has caused the most conflict, for reasons we won't go into.

3. Where did you get the idea/inspiration for Seduced By Darkness?


The story started with a theme. eTreasures Publishing wanted a paranormal romance to set into the Dark Brides anthology. I knew I wanted a vampire story. The characters came into play before the actual story line, and I set them into action. Geneva and Lewis pulled the story together, but the supporting characters fleshed it out with conflict and interesting stories of their own.

4. What are you writing now?


I'm working on a full length novel at the moment. The story is of a woman who's forgotten her past and the ability to speak to ghosts. When she's confronted by both, her world turns to chaos and she finds herself having to fight for her life, and the lives of the ones she loves.

5. I'd love to hear about how your parents choose your name. You're the only person I know named Cher, besides the obvious singer! (My parents got my name from a song by the 70's group named Bread.)


I was named after the obvious singer, lol. My mom was a big fan of the Sonny and Cher show.

Links: www.chergreen.com, chergreen.blogspot.com, tarotbycher.blogspot.com
Purchasing Link
Also available, Escape to Love



Seduced by Darkness Blurb:

Geneva Chilton, warned against human contact, betrays her family in order to be close to the world she longs to join. Intrigued by an artist’s work and his ability to capture life on canvas, Geneva steps too close to the boundaries and discovers love, but what price will she have to pay?


Lewis Hunt, intrigued by Geneva’s beauty and determined to capture it on canvas, discovers he needs more. Lewis needs the real woman behind the beauty. His course leads him to her, but also to danger. How hard is he willing to fight for a woman of darkness, a vampire?


Cher's Bio:

Cher Green, born in Tennessee, lives in South Carolina with her significant other and her two feline companions. She writes in many genres, spanning from horror to romance, usually with a touch of paranormal. When she isn’t writing, she’s delivering mail for the United States Postal Service. Cher also works as an editor, both for various publishing companies and freelance. Her other interests include spiritual development, tarot cards, and reading.

Thanks for visiting, Cher, and good luck with your new release!

4 comments:

Conda Douglas said...

Cher, you're right, the cover pops!And both "Seduced by Darkness" and your new w.i.p. sound so intriguing!

Cher Green said...

Aubrie - Thank you for having me on your blog. Enjoyed the interview.

Conda - Thank you for commenting. Hope you enjoy the read.

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Great cover. I'm confident the writing matches or surpasses. Will have to see for myself.

Cher Green said...

Terry,

Thank you for your continued support.