Tuesday, February 9, 2010
The Happy Award
Cher Green over at Footsteps of a Writer gave me this Happy Award a few days ago! Thank you, Cher!
So here are ten things that make me happy:
1. COFFEE. I love coffee. If I don't have my coffee in the morning I don't want to talk to anyone, just type on the computer. But after I have my coffee, I'm chatting away to anyone who will talk to me!
2. FANTASY MOVIES Star Wars and LOTR makes me sooo happy. I think I've watched each Star Wars movei about a hundred times. And LOTR is getting up there as well. Pirates of the Caribbean comes in as a close third. They also provide my inspiration for writing.
3. DESSERTS I have to have my desert after lunch, and one after dinner. Now, I'm trying to cut down on one a day, so I split it in half and eat half after lunch and half after dinner. I love cookies, chocolate, pie, jello, ice cream...I could go on and on.
4. GETTING COMMENTS ON MY BLOG You don't understand how happy this makes me! Once I post something I watch and wait for the comments to appear. And then I read them two or three times. It makes me feel like I'm connected to the world and people support me. Thank you gals!
5. MY CRITIQUE BUDDIES Every time I get an email from them it makes me happy. They know just how much to critique and how much to support me with compliments to keep me going. Thank you Cherie and Christine!
6. GOING OUT TO EAT This is quite an expensive habit, but I love it. Bertucci's, The Olive Garden, anything Italian!
7. MY FAMILY/FRIENDS They all supprt my writing and make so some awesome beta readers. Thank you!
8. COOKING This is a new habit of mine since my New Year's resolution, and it's really paid off! I've made zucchini casserole, fancy vegetable pasta, potato and leek soup, glazed carrots, barly burgers, and stuffed baked tomatoes. I'm feeling better because I'm eating healthier and it's cheaper than going out to eat.
9. WRITING need I say more!
10. FLUTE Since I turned it into my life and make all my money playing and teaching it's made me more unhappy than happy, but I'm trying to turn that around.
Now I bequeath this award to:
Thanks for cheering me up with your comments and support!