Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Carnival of Illusions Series

The first short story in my Carnival of Illusions Series is out today at Gypsy Shadow Publishing!



The Carnival of Illusions Series features a different female character in the Masquerade Carnival in each story and the journey that they travel to appreciate their unique talents and discover love. Each story is, in itself, an illusion, portraying a situation which is really something else entirely. A twist at the end turns each tale on its head, revealing the illusion and giving everything in it a new meaning.

Chameleon's Colors is about staying true to yourself and your "true colors."

Here is the blurb:

Ever since she stumbled into her father’s lab and drank a cocktail of his experiments, Kaylee has the ability to change color, blending into her environment like a chameleon. Deemed a freak at school, she runs away and joins the Masquerade Carnival. Her life takes on a routine and she enjoys performing in the shows until one day she falls for a young man hired to help run the rides. Coincidentally, an old, roving gypsy offers to restore her body as it once was to win his heart. Now she must choose between her unique powers or a chance at love.

It's available now. I'm also looking for reviewers if anyone is interested in posting their review, let me know and I'll send you a review copy.

5 comments:

BK Mattingly said...

Hey I'll review it for you :) sounds like it's going to be really good!!

Aubrie said...

Thanks Bethany! I just emailed you a review copy. :)

kah said...

OHHHHH pick me, pick me! I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the sound of this one. I'd be happy to do a review.

Karen’s Blog

Unknown said...

Karen,

I sent it to your Kinderly address. Thank you!

kah said...

Oh, I'm so glad I checked back to see if you commented. I as so hoping to read this story. Could you please send it to karenhooper@aol.com ?
I didn't receive it at the kinrily address. Not sure why. :(

Thanks. I'm excited to read it!