Monday, September 12, 2011

Guest Post by Lucianne Rivers from Entangled Publishing



Thanks for having me at your blog, Aubrie! I'm half-way through your book, PARADISE 21, and loving the character of Aries.

Hi everyone! I've been doing a lot of guest blogging recently as my trilogy about three sisters, HOLD ME, THRILL ME, ENTICE ME, releases back to back from Entangled Publishing.

Today I'm here to share THRILL ME with all of you. This is book #2, and Margo Caldwell's story. She's the second sibling, and a total baddie. Shhh, she's my favorite out of my three heroines--Jane, Margo and Allison.

Why?

Because not only is she an Olympic style weightlifter (as am I), a crack-shot, and totally gorgeous, she's just made Detective at the Santa Fe Police Department after five years as a beat cop. Strong women rock. I aspire to be one.

I did actually think about joining the force here in Santa Fe--my adopted hometown (I'm originally from Ireland)--but it would require my living at the Academy for five months, and I have a twenty-two month old toddler called Lily, so being away from her just isn't an option. I have to settle for writing about cops.

One of my good friends has been a Detective for several years, and another is about to test for Detective. He recently taught me to shoot, which was the realization of a life-long fantasy. I also went on a “ride-along” a couple of months back with a lady-cop. We mostly picked up drunks and answered alarm calls that turned out to be nothing, but at one point she switched on her siren and I felt such a rush of adrenalin...I can see why people do it.

Margo is a bit of an adrenalin junkie, although, like me, she has a fear of open water, which she has to overcome in order to save the man who's been helping her find her long-lost father in the Virgin Islands. Captain Adrian Prince is, obviously, extremely hot, and an excellent navigator on the water. However, when he is shot by a criminal, Margo has to save the day. Out of the three sisters, she's the most prepared to get in the thick of the action. As I think about future plot-lines and characters, I am determined that ALL my heroines will be well-equipped to save the world alongside their male counterparts.

I hope you enjoy Margo's love-story and foul-mouthed wit as much as I do...

Lucy

The story sounds fantastic, Lucy! Thanks for stopping by today to share it with us.


You can buy Hold Me on Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.

You can buy Thrill me on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great idea, Lucy.

Nina Croft said...

I loved Hold Me, so I'm really looking forward to Thrill Me. In fact I might go read it now!

Unknown said...

Great post, Lucy! Gotta have those strong heroines!

Lucianne Rivers said...

Thanks Ladies. @Nina-yes, go read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Break-out is downloaded and ready to roll :)

Aubrie, thanks for having me.

Alyssa Ast said...

It sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing!

Alyssa Ast
www.alyssaast.com

Christa Desir said...

Hooray! It's such a great book.

Sutton Fox said...

Sold. I love kick butt heroines! they've just moved to the top of my TBR list.

Best of luck with these, Lucy. They sound like great stories.

Krista said...

I have given you an award on my blog. Be sure to stop by and claim it!

Carol Kilgore said...

I love strong heroines! Nice to meet you. Thanks for hosting her, Aubrie.